I’m an experienced Product Manager and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) with a truly entrepreneurial mind.
Some of my skills that directly benefit my Product Management role include brainstorming, market research, presentations, marketing, prioritization, and the ability to make decisions with limited data. I specialize in identifying opportunities, sales, data analysis, and process improvements proven to increase efficiency and profitability.
I have the heart of an artist when it comes to empathy and the user experience, the speech of a diplomat when communicating in a cross-functional teams, and the mind of an engineer when it comes to data analytics and product development strategy. I maintain a positive attitude, have a contagious smile, and I’m fun to sit next to during lunch!
Explore my portfolio, and please feel free to get in touch with any questions or opportunities.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
- Leads two full stack software engineering teams responsible for delivering 7 Biometric Identity SaaS products nationwide to over 8000+ installations in 47 States and a dozen Federal and Corporate programs with an annual portfolio revenue in excess of $22,000,000.
- Identified root cause and currently leading projects to increase engineering and delivery efficiencies by 55% generating an additional $1,100,000 in profit annually.
- Software installations featuring custom on-site installations with multiple API integrations, on-premises and cloud server configurations, SaaS deployments, as well as mobile device options.
- Manages evaluation of software architecture and development of plan to convert to a cloud native multi-tenant Kubernetes deployment with high availability in Amazon AWS GovCloud.
- Over 25 biometric device SDK integrations and API integrations supporting iris scanning, contactless fingerprints, traditional fingerprints, palm scanning, facial recognition, tattoo and scar recognition, document parsing and validation, identification cards, and more.
Leading a project to modernize inventory tracking practices that enables us to produce detailed reporting to analyze trends, calculate ROI, and build inventory and sales forecast models.
- Led cross functional teams devoted to designing, building, and maintaining digital and physical products.
- Worked on digital products including logistics tracking software, website, mobile website, ad campaigns, custom customer relationship management software, and various API's.
- Hands on during full product life cycle combining design thinking, lean startup principals, and agile.
- Maintained the growth development roadmap and product feature backlog with stakeholder interests using data analytics, research, prioritization frameworks, and strong decision making skills.
- Built stakeholder consensus with cross functional teams including engineering, marketing, sales, and legal to ship well executed and profitable features on new product generations.
- Conducted product market analysis including market trends, product positioning, competitive analysis, user needs/personas, feature prioritization, and pricing strategies.
- Used cloud based data analytics to improve the products via key performance indicator tracking, A/B testing, and qualitative research over 3 generations.
- Led 6 user research studies to assess customer pain points for feature development and prioritization.
- Functioned as the Jira Administrator for Project Management as well as the Aha! Administrator for road-mapping.
- Operated within $2,600,000 maintenance budget for a fleet of 600+ units valued at over $25,000,000.
- Directed operations in a fast paced environment including the customer experience, daily sales, inventory, and supply chain logistics.
- Direct Profit and Loss responsibility, decision making, key performance indicator tracking, and was the voice of the customer to corporate.
- Managed storage and organization of over 6,000 items in stock and distribution of parts daily.
- Exceeded company expectations of gross sales and profit by delivering high quality customer experience and initiating and launching projects in new opportunities.
- Coordinated relations with 40+ outside vendors including account setup, accounting, and daily orders.
- Taught myself two complex database programs in a single month and then developed and implemented training programs for my team members.
- Provided hands-on consultant services to businesses for website development, digital marketing, social media management, sales training, and process improvement training.
- Built websites, social media pages, and directory listings while optimizing SEO.
- Researched market trends, competition, product positioning, user needs and personas, features, and pricing.
- Built consensus with cross functional stakeholders and business owners to create relevant content and ad copy for planned promotional campaigns.
- Prioritized key product marketing opportunities in digital and mobile display advertising through Facebook, Google and Bing.
- Created relevant and engaging e-mail marketing campaigns and blog posts.
- Improved marketing campaigns through A/B Testing, KPI tracking, behavior flow analysis, and heat-mapping.
- Managed sponsored affiliates and outside providers for engaging web content to increase SEO results.
- Provided sales and operations management training to improve processes and profitability.
- Directed business operations and 25 employees including productivity, sales (B2B, inside and outside), KPI accountability, customer experience, inventory control, & vendor relations.
- Optimized operational performance at six store locations to new records, increasing revenue by 26%.
- Promoted on 3 occasions within 18 months and recognized for excellent customer experience and sales.
- Acknowledged as top 1% in company sales and trained award-winning teams.
- Provided superior customer experience by utilizing adaptable communication skills to clearly explain complex technical concepts in simple terms.
- Communicated process information to and motivated cross-functional team members.
- Direct Profit and Loss responsibility and prioritized strategies to optimize profitability and the customer experience.
- Had direct customer interactions and leveraged existing products and services to meet customer needs and pain points.
- Managed business operations and employees including sales, diagnostics, vehicle service, electrical, custom fabrication, inventory control, and accounting.
- Directly responsible for the P&L and the customer needs & feedback.
- Prioritized marketing investments to promote the business, increasing sales and growth by 13%
- Managed automotive custom projects with restricted deadlines, constantly exceeding customer expectations.
- Scheduled employees hours based on budget and forecasted sales from data analytics.
- Maximized sales growth by studying business data analytics and providing clear explanations of complex information to provide an exceptional customer experience.
They Gave Me a Degree In It
Never in the Red
Record Setting Results
Planning Makes Perfect
Training & Development
Learning is Constant
Identify the Right Opportunities
I Get Them Talking
“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.”
COMMUNICATION, CSU STANISLAUS
Focused on Business Management and Marketing.
- Cross-functional Team Communication
- Market Research
- Feedback Circles
- Quantitative / Qualitative Feedback Research
- Organizational Communication
- Public Relations
- Public Speaking
CERTIFIED AGILE SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER
- Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) certification
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT: BUILDING A PRODUCT STRATEGY, LINKEDIN
- Using the Elevator Pitch Framework
- Determining Target Customers
- Determining the Product Differentiation
- Developing a Product Strategy
- Working with Stakeholders
- Maintaining and Implementing the Strategy
COMPETITIVE AND MARKET ANALYSIS FOR PRODUCT MANAGERS, LINKEDIN
- Sizing the Market
- Direct, Indirect, and Potential Competitors
- Finding Competitors
- Monitoring Competitors – CrunchBase, Mention.com, G Alerts
- Building a Feature Table
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT: BUILDING A PRODUCT ROADMAP, LINKEDIN
- Roadmaps in Agile Organizations
- Involving Stakeholders
- Researching Customers
- Identifying Milestones
- Estimating Time
- Maintaining the Roadmap
THE COMPLETE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT COURSE, UDEMY
- Product Life Cycle
- User Research
- Waterfall v. Agile Development
- SWOT Analysis
- Empathy Mapping
- Lean Product Design
- Backlogs with Pivotal Tracker
- Wireframes with Axure
- Writing User Stories
- Project Management Leadership
AGILE AT WORK: BUILDING YOUR AGILE TEAM, LINKEDIN
- Identifying Value of Agile Methodologies
- Forming the Agile Team
- Understanding Team Roles
- Working and Delivering as an Agile Team
- Functioning in a Non-Agile Environment
PRODUCT INNOVATION FOR PRODUCT MANAGERS, LINKEDIN
- Mapping the Product Innovation Portfolio
- Innovation Process in Organizational Structures
- Identifying the Right Problems
- Human-centered and Data-centered Innovation
- Effective Testing and Prototyping
- Launching and Product Growth
METRICS FOR PRODUCT MANAGERS, LINKEDIN
- How to Choose the Right Metrics
- Growth, Retention, Engagement, Happiness, Revenue
- HEART Metrics Framework
- Pirate Metrics Framework
- Effective Real World Use
COMMUNICATION FOR PRODUCT MANAGERS, LINKEDIN
- Product Team Principals
- Product Team Member Roles
- Product Team Member Roles
- Sprint Planning
- Communicating Outside the Product Team
- Cross Functional Communication
BECOME A PRODUCT MANAGER - LEARN THE SKILLS & GET THE JOB, UDEMY
- Product v. Project Management
- Product Life Cycle
- Agile / Scrum / Kanban
- Identifying User Needs
- Competitive & Market Analysis
- Feature Tables
- Customer Interviews
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- POP & Balsamiq
- HEART Metrics
- Road Mapping and Velocity
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT: CAREER PREPARATION FOR SUCCESS, UDEMY
- Agile Development
- User Stories
- Product Roadmaps
CERTIFIED, AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- A5 – Brakes
- A4 Suspension & Steering